It is James Guymon's death certificate. What a beautiful thing.
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Calling the Cousins
As I have learned how to do family history research, the first step I have been taught is to first gather what relatives already have so the same research doesn't get done over and over. When I have done this in the past all I did was call my mom. She has been a good resource but we have nothing that is original. But now with starting this blog I started with that step again. I e-mailed a relative who posted pictures of James Guymon on FindAGrave.com. By the end of that day she had e-mailed me back with several pictures and a document. This is probably the true point of the first step, to call in all the cousins and get the most out of the information from them. So in honor of this success story I will post one thing that she gave me.
It is James Guymon's death certificate. What a beautiful thing.
It is James Guymon's death certificate. What a beautiful thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Having a death certificate is great! This helps in the documentation process. Yeah! Great start.
ReplyDeleteThis is sometimes the hardest part of the researching. Great helps for this process is to look at family tree's on the web. These pedigree's are such a great way to strike up conversations with other researchers about what they are doing in the family history world.
ReplyDelete